Host a Drive
Hosting a drive is a great way to serve the homeless and make a difference in our community. Drives are welcome throughout the year and your efforts make an enormous difference in our ability to minister to those in need.
There are many creative ways to collect items for the Mission, especially during the holiday season. You can create a new holiday tradition of helping the homeless and changing lives!
Yes, I want to help! How do I get started?
1. Browse and Select Your Drive
- Browse our Changing Lives Here website to learn about the drives we need most during the holiday season. Select the Drive that best suits your family, neighborhood, church group, book club, place of business or community organization and make a list of the items you would like to collect.
- Choose the start and end dates of your drive and the appropriate time frame for your group.
2. Contact Raleigh Rescue Mission
- Complete our Drive Sign-Up Form online and we will contact you to provide you with all of the information you need to get set up.
3. Spread the Word
- Start advertising your drive at least two weeks in advance. Publicize the drive with flyers, posters, email and social media. Create a “shopping list” of the items you are collecting to give to participants. (Send copies of your flyers and logo to Viki Redding, firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can post your drive on our website and social media).
- Download Changing Lives Here™ logo and include it in your advertising materials.
- Download Changing Lives Here™ posters and place near your collection bin.
4. Collect Items
- Place collection bins in a well-marked, high traffic area and store items in a secure location. If you would like to request a bin from Raleigh Rescue Mission to assist in your collection, please include that information on your Drive Sign Up form or contact Viki Redding, email@example.com . Large Rubbermaid bins can also be used as collection containers and re-used as a storage container by the Mission.
5. Drop Off Items or Arrange a Pick Up
We have two donation locations, one for non-food items and one for food items and urgent needs. Please place the items collected from your drive in a box or plastic tub, clearly marked with:
- Type of Drive (type of items enclosed)
- Organization Hosting the Drive
- Organization’s Contact Info
Please drop off all FOOD ITEMS and URGENT NEEDS at:
Raleigh Rescue Mission, 314 E. Hargett St., Raleigh, NC 27601
Please drop off all NON-FOOD ITEMS at:
Raleigh Rescue Mission Store and Donation Center, 4700 Capital Blvd., Raleigh, NC (Southeast corner of Capital Blvd. and Millbrook Rd.)
Schedule a Pick Up
Raleigh Rescue Mission will pick up large donation items in Wake County and surrounding Triangle areas. To schedule a pick-up of items at your home, school or business, please complete the Donation Contact Form, or call 919.878.7117.
Questions about your drive? Please contact Viki Redding at 919.828.9014 ext. 115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also collect financial contributions during your drive. Checks should be made payable to Raleigh Rescue Mission. Or, guests can text “CLH” to 41444 to donate.
Host a Fundraising event
Another great way to support Raleigh Rescue Mission is to host a fundraising event. For fundraising event ideas, or if you have any additional questions about hosting a fundraising event, please contact Lauri Para.
Visit Raleigh Rescue Mission’s website to learn more about how we serve the homeless and other ways to get involved.
If you would like to schedule someone from Raleigh Rescue Mission to come speak to your group or schedule a tour of the Mission, please contact Brace Boone.